With a choice of five seat widths, the Whirl is designed to be a simple yet versatile wheelchair ideal for part or full-time use. The Whirl is available as attendant-propelled or self-propelled.
The Whirl's narrow frame and compact dimensions ensure great manoeuvrability indoors and in confined spaces. Its puncture proof tyres, in contrast, provide extra peace of mind outdoors.
Comfort all day, every day
The Whirl features fully padded upholstery with a calf-support strap for comfort and safety. It further features a detachable half-folding backrest to make reaching for objects behind you easier. The detachable backrest also makes the chair more compact for storage.
Features and Benefits
- Ideal for part or full-time use
- Seat width option
- Self-propelled with cable brakes (attendant-propelled version also available)
- Robust steel frame
- Quick-release removable wheels to reduce weight and make the chair easier to lift and store
- Detachable half-folding back to make reaching for objects behind you easier
- Removable desk armrests to enable you to get closer to tables and worktops
- Puncture proof tyres
- Cool Silver finish
- 18 st/115 kg maximum user weight
- 1 year parts warranty plus 2 year main frame warranty
- Seat Height - Front…. 500mm
- Seat Height - Rear…. 475mm
- Seat Width…. 16”
- Seat Depth…. 430mm
- Seat Angle…. 3°
- Backrest Height…. 440mm
- Backrest…. Nylon upholstery
- Angle Fix Backrest…. Folding back, 90° seatplan, lumbal 8° at halfway. Detachable, fixed by handwheel.
- Legrest…. Swing out, removable
- Footrest Angle…. 65°
- Overall Dimensions…. Length: 1150mm max, Width: 640mm max
- User Weight…. 115kg
- Armrest…. Detachable, Bio compatibility test comply PU
- Armrest Height…. 220mm
- Foam Pad Length…. 200mm
- Skirtguard…. Black texture, composite
- Front Castor Wheel Size & Type…. 8" x 1"
- Front Castor Width…. 60mm
- Rear Wheel Size & Type…. 24" x 13/8" Flat free
- Seat Upholstery…. 41cm / 16"
- Chair Weight…. 14.5 kg
Delivery and Shipping Details A charge of €5.50 applies on all products. Free Shipping on Orders over €120 to anywhere in Ireland. We use An Post Express Parcel Service as our Shipping Partner There are no deliveries on Sundays and Bank Holidays For any Shipping outside of Ireland please contact us for our competitive rates.
GET IN TOUCH
We would love to hear from you if you have any questions on any product on the store, or indeed if you don't see what you are looking for. You can contact us via the Genie chat button below or else via our contact us page here.
GOT A QUESTION?
If you would like to claim your tax back on your purchase you will find the necessary forms below for the Revenue Commissioners:
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
How can I contact you?
To contact us please click this link and that will give you all our contact details
What are your opening hours?
We can be contacted directly Monday to Saturday between 9:00am to 7:00pm
Are you open during lunch hour?
Yes, we can be contacted anytime during office hours 9:00am to 7:00pm
Do you have a retail store that I can visit?
Yes, we would love to have you visit our large Retail Showroom called Medical Mobility which is located in Farranfore, Co. Kerry. For Directions just click the tab that is shown on the map at the bottom of our homepage.
Do you supply to members of the public?
For nearly 30 years it has always been our priority to deal directly with the public and be Customer led in the Products that we supply. We are recognised for the level of service we provide for all our Customers
What is the cost of shipping?
A charge of €5.50 applies on all products to anywhere in Ireland.
Next-Day delivery on most items ordered before 12 noon Irish time.
For any Shipping outside of Ireland please contact us for our competitive rates.
How long will I have to wait to receive my order?
If it is a stock item, once we receive the order before 12pm you will receive next day delivery in most cases. An Post advise us delivery is between 1-3 days but they have provided a fantastic next day service to date. UK orders may take between 3-5 days. If it is a non-stock item it will take longer but we will communicate with you to give an accurate delivery date. Generally it will be within a week from time of ordering. We understand the need to receive our products as soon as possible so we make every effort to deliver without delay.
If my question is not answered who can I contact?
If you have any further questions which are not answered in the above please feel free to email us at email@example.com and we will answer you directly and add it to our FAQ page.