What is it?
The Hydrant is a hydration system with drinking tube. Hang, hook or clip your bottle almost anywhere – attach the drinking tube and enjoy convenient, hands-free hydration wherever you are.
Why is it unique?
- the flexi-grip handle attaches to almost anything, keeping your drink close by
- the tube allows 24/7 access, allowing you to drink whenever you choose
Who is it for?
Quite simply, the Hydrant is for anyone who runs the risk of dehydration through a shortage of regular access to drinks caused by a lack of mobility. It is designed to give those with limited mobility a way to increase independence by being able to drink whenever they want to, without assistance. This simple, effective tool offers extensive hydration benefits to both users and care providers across healthcare and maternity.
By using the Hydrant in hospitals, care homes and as part of at-home care programmes:
- users can drink unassisted, decreasing their risk of dehydration
- users can be increasingly independent, living a more dignified life
- the risk of serious illness and infection relating to dehydration is reduced
- users will have a better experience and sense of wellbeing
There are professional care savings and efficiencies to be made too:
- helps prevent dehydration-related hospital admissions
- saves valuable staff resource, releasing more time for healthcare professionals
- contributes towards a speedier recovery, freeing up beds more quickly
- reduces the risk of secondary problems associated with dehydration, so reducing the expense of additional drugs
- allows for accurate monitoring of fluid intake via clearly calibrated bottles
- stops the expense and inconvenience of spillages and breakages via its closed, durable system
How to use it
Step one: Fill the bottle with water or the drink of your choice and hang it from the bed, day chair, wheelchair or any other convenient spot.
Step two: Take hold of the tube and put the bite valve between your teeth. Then bite down to open the valve and suck to drink. The bite valve opens under pressure and closes when released, so there is no leakage.
Caring for your Hydrant
To ensure your Hydrant is properly cleaning and to extend its life span for as long as possible, please read the following simple instructions:
- do not immerse in boiling water
- dishwasher safe to a maximum temperature of 85 degrees
- wash bottle and cap as required in warm soapy water, and rinse thoroughly
- solutions such as Milton may be safely used to sterilise
- in hospitals, change the tube and valve daily for ward infection control
- tube and bite valve should be replaced regularly or disassembled and cleaned thoroughly.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
GET IN TOUCH
We would love to hear from you if you have any questions on any product on the store, or indeed if you don't see what you are looking for. You can contact us via the Genie chat button below or else via our contact us page here.
GOT A QUESTION?
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions (and answers!) here. If we don't have your questions listed please get in touch with us here.
If you would like to claim your tax back on your purchase you will find the necessary forms below for the Revenue Commissioners:
How can I contact you?
To contact us please click this link and that will give you all our contact details
What are your opening hours?
We can be contacted directly Monday to Saturday between 9:00am to 7:00pm
Are you open during lunch hour?
Yes, we can be contacted anytime during office hours 9:00am to 7:00pm
Do you have a retail store that I can visit?
Yes, we would love to have you visit our large Retail Showroom called Medical Mobility which is located in Farranfore, Co. Kerry. For Directions just click the tab that is shown on the map at the bottom of our homepage.
Do you supply to members of the public?
For nearly 30 years it has always been our priority to deal directly with the public and be Customer led in the Products that we supply. We are recognised for the level of service we provide for all our Customers
What is the cost of shipping?
A charge of €5.50 applies on all products to anywhere in Ireland.
Next-Day delivery on most items ordered before 12 noon Irish time.
For any Shipping outside of Ireland please contact us for our competitive rates.
How long will I have to wait to receive my order?
If it is a stock item, once we receive the order before 12pm you will receive next day delivery in most cases. An Post advise us delivery is between 1-3 days but they have provided a fantastic next day service to date. UK orders may take between 3-5 days. If it is a non-stock item it will take longer but we will communicate with you to give an accurate delivery date. Generally it will be within a week from time of ordering. We understand the need to receive our products as soon as possible so we make every effort to deliver without delay.
If my question is not answered who can I contact?
If you have any further questions which are not answered in the above please feel free to email us at email@example.com and we will answer you directly and add it to our FAQ page.